Winner Profile – Eric Davidove
Eric Davidove has won our Photo of the Week competition twice, once in June and a second time in September. His winning photo from September, titled Robin Williams (seen here), is part of a new series Eric has started this year, titled “Dog People.” We look forward to seeing more in the series!
Eric bought a camera and roamed around the streets of San Francisco making photos after an unexpected layoff from his job. He was looking for a healthy and creative distraction from the challenging and anxious job searching experience. Street photography quickly became his default style as he wanted to focus on people and their life moments while putting his unemployment challenge in a broader context. Making street photos helped Eric be present in the moment while helping him see and better understand the irony, humor, sadness, and challenges of living and connect with people whom he may previously have ignored.
Many of Eric’s photos have fared well in juried competitions as well as being featured in magazines. Below are some of his 2018 accomplishments:018 juried competition accomplishments are:
- First place, Production Paradise Spotlight Awards, Shot on Mobile Competition
- Third place, San Francisco International Street Photography Festival, Streets of San Francisco Competition
- Third Place, International Photography Awards, Social Cause Competition
- Honorable Mention, New York Center for Photographic Art, Summer Exhibition
- Finalist in the Urban 2018 Exhibition, Camera USA Exhibition, Mnemonic International Photo Exhibition, Annual Street Shooting Around the World Exhibition, Americana Exhibition, and Portrait International Photography Exhibition
Eric looks forward to becoming a member of a respected photography collective while showing his work in galleries and continuing to shoot editorial assignments.
You can follow Eric on Instagram and view more of his work on his website.